The Marx and Philosophy Society aims to encourage scholarly engagement with, and creative development of, the philosophical and foundational aspects of Marx’s work. The society welcomes contributions from any philosophical or political position.
Marx and Philosophy Society: 15th Annual Conference
Capital and Capitalism
Saturday 9th June 2018, 9.30-5.45
Room 828, Institute of Education, University College London, 20 Bedford Way, London WC1H 0AL
- Patrick Murray (Creighton University): ‘Marx’s Concept of Capital and the Illusion of the Economic’
- Elena Louisa Lange (University of Zurich): ‘Whose Labour Theory of Value is it anyway? On the Classics, Marx, and the Interpretative Hegemony of Value Form Theory’
- Alfredo Saad Filho (SOAS): ‘Reading Capital in the 21st Century.’
Graduate and early career panel
- Sara Farah (University of Minnesota): “Political Economy as Theology: Re-examining Marx’s theory of alienation”
- Andres Saenz De Sicilia (University of Roehampton): “Capital and Capitalism: Production, Reproduction and Subsumption”
- Alexis Ioannides (Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences): “Method and Critique in Marx’s Capital”
Further details: 2018-Annual-Conference_Programme
Abstracts: 2018 Annual Conference_Abstracts
Admission is free
Please reserve a place in advance by emailing Eric-John Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Marx & Philosophy Review of Books
- Jared Bly on 'Aesthetic Marx'
- Fabian Van Onzen on 'Reading Capital Today'
- Guilel Treiber on 'Marx and Foucault'
- Nick Malherbe on 'Stuart Hall’s Voice: Intimations of an Ethics of Receptive Generosity'
- Chris Gilligan on 'World Revolution, 1917-1936: The Rise and Fall of the Communist International'
- Helena Sheehan on 'Culture as Politics: Selected Writings of Christopher Caudwell' and 'Culture as Politics: Selected Writings of Christopher Caudwell'